Chulu West lies in Annapurna region. It was first ascended in 1952 by a Japanese Expedition. The Base Camp of this peak is situated in a small valley north of Manang, off the main trail to the Thorang La. There is a controversy regarding the name and location of the Chulu peaks. There are several peaks close by and are also a part of Chulu massif but are not indicated in the map. Thus it is difficult to differentiate between the two Chulus. However, the Chulu group comprises of four peaks: two in the east and two in the west. Chulu West may also be called Chulu Central. There is no technical difficulty in ascending this peak but progress can be slow as the slopes are vulnerable to avalanches in certain conditions.
Amazing Authentic Treks provide for expedition with all necessary infrastructures to assist you in your summit attempt. We will do the necessary paperwork for expedition permit organize all accommodation before and after expedition. We organize camp facilities, transport loads, stock and set up high camps, fix ropes, provide food, high altitude food, high quality tents, porters, professional Climbing Sherpas, advice and assistance.
Trip Itinerary :
Days 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu; transfer to the Hotel.
Days 02 : Sight seeing around Kathmandu valley.
Days 03 : Departure to Bensisahar.
Days 04 : Trek to Bahundanda.
Days 05 : Trek to Chamje.
Days 06 : Trek to Dharapani.
Days 07 : Trek to Chame.
Days 08 : Trek to Pisang.
Days 09 : Trek to Manang.
Days 10 : Acclimatization at Manang.
Days 11 : Trek to Chulu base camp.
Days 12 : Rest at Chulu base camp.
Days 13 : High camp.
Days 14 : Summit Chulu East (6,358-meter) or West (6,420-meter) and return back to base camp.
Days 15 : Trek to Thorong high camp.
Days 16 : Trek to Muktinath after crossing Thorong La pass (5,416m.).
Days 17 : Trek to Jomsom.
Days 18 : Fly back to Pokhara from Jomsom.
Days 19 : Drive back to Kathmandu.
Days 20 : Rest at Kathmandu.
Days 21 : Departure on your own destination.
Note :- If above program itinerary that don’t suit to you and wish to modify above itinerary then please let us know and we’ll be happy to create a tailor made itinerary especially for you. It is also possible to combines above trip with Jungle safari, rafting, Mountain flight or with any travel plans, just shares your interested with us. We will design and arrange your holiday accordingly.
Price For The Trip: The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodations). The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The camping trek and teahouse trek made a difference in the cost. The number of guides and porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons, the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Camping Trek Cost Includes:
- All land transportation; (Airport /Hotel/Airport & trekking pick up & drop).
- 4 Night’s hotel accommodation in KTM at Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All 3 major meals Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner (provide continental food) and accommodation in tented camp.
- One professional English speaking trekking guide, 1 Cook necessary Sherpa and Porters.
- Life insurance for all support crews and their daily wages.
- One English speaking equipped climbing guide, Equipment for all crew.
- Per member 25 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking, Peak Permits, National Park permits Fees and garbage deposit.
- Snow bars and ropes for trail and passes.
- Snow bars and ropes for the climbing as well as tented camp while on climbing to Island Peak.
- Air Ticket: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu with airport tax and cargo fees.
- All official taxes and service charge.
The Cost Doesn’t Include:
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking & climbing gears.
- High tent, high food and sleeping bag.
- Gammo Bag for the life saving device, incase of altitude sickness for Member.
- Oxygen, Mask & Regulator.
- Personal Nature expenses.
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Airfare: To & from your country.
- Nepal entry, re-entry visa fees & international airport departure taxes.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Tips for trekking crews.