This mountain bike trip journeys you past history-laden grandiose and spectacular sites amidst beautiful and varied scenery from Paro to Trashigang. You will encounter pristine village settlements at Norbuling, Bumthang valley, Mongar and Wangdiphodrang. At every mountain bike trip on this 18-day tour you get a reward of a complete immersion into the culture, people, history and geography of Bhutan.
Trip length: 18 Days
Grade: Gentle Plus
Activity: Mountain Biking
Starts in: Paro (Bhutan)
Ends in: Paro
Group size: Maximum 12
Accommodation: Hotel & Tented Camp
Maximum altitude: 4050m.
- Sightseeing in Paro, Bumthang valley and Thimpu
- Peddle through Thrumshing la (4050m.)
- Trip to Kanglung college, the only university in Bhutan
Trip Itinerary :
Day 01: Arrival at Paro, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel..
Day 02: Sightseeing at Paro.
Day 03: Commence cycle tour to east across Dochula pass altitude (3050m.) and tented Camp at Khuruthang day.
Day 04: Visit Punakha dzong and continue towards Gangtey Gompa via Wangdiphodrang. O/N at tented Camp.
Day 05: Cycle down to Norbuling and then cross Pelela pass altitude (3300m.) towards Trongsa.
Day 06: Cycle up to Yotola pass altitude (3600m.) and then down to Dumkhar, Chumi and to Bumthang.
Day 07: Sightseeing of Bumthang valley.
Day 08: Cycle to Ura and cross Thrumshing la altitude (4050m.) and downhill to Sengor. Tented Camp
Day 09: Cycle to Kuru Zam, Mongar. O/N at Tented Camping
Day 10: A short climb to Mongar. O/N
Day 11: Cross Korila pass altitude 2600m to Trashigang.O/N
Day 12: Day trip to Kanglung collage. The only university in Bhutan. Trashigang O/N
Day 13: Return trip by driving to Mongar. O/N
Day 14: Return trip by driving to Bumthang. O/N
Day 15: Return trip by driving to Wangdiphodrang. O/N
Day 16: Drive to Thimpu.
Day 17: Thimpu S/seeing and drive to Paro. O/N
Day 18: Last minute, transfer to airport for onward journey.
Bhutan Tour & Trek Cost Includes:
- All land transportation: Transfers and sightseeing by a deluxe vehicle and Airport /Hotel/Airport & tours & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel accommodation at all places and 3 meals; breakfast, Lunch and dinner.
- 1 Professional English speaking local tour guide & all temples, monuments entry fees.
- Bhutan visa, tourism development fees, government royalty fees.
- Fully catered camping trek supported by English speaking biking guide, 1 Cook, helpers and porters (or vehicles for load) as per itinerary.
- All applicable taxes.
- Daily wages for support crews and their health insurance.
- All official taxes and service charge.
Bhutan Tour & Trek Cost Doesn’t Include:
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Personal tours & trekking gears as well as sleeping bags.
- Personal Nature expenses. (Extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as sickness, accidents, road blockage, and other occurrences beyond our control.)
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee. (Bar Bill, laundry and telephones calls.)
- Airfare: to & from your country and internal domestic flights.
- Personal travel insurance. (Liability for insurance against sickness, accidents, loss of baggage, loss of life and medical expenses if any kind etc.)
- Tips for support crews.
Note: If Traveling Bhutan via Nepal
- All land transportation by private vehicle tourist Bus (Airport /Hotel/Airport & trekking pick up & drop).
- Sightseeing activities in Kathmandu with professional English speaking tour guide & temple entry fees.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu – Nepal.
- Nepal entry, re-entry visa fees & international airport departure taxes. (t is suggested you apply for a multiple entry visa for Nepal initially saving you the Nepal re-entry fee).
- Personal nature’s expenses and transportation except given programs.