The Naya Kanga, also called Ganja-La Chuli, is magnificently situated in the rarely visited Langtang region of Nepal. Its accessibility makes it an ideal choice of venue for a short visit to the Himalayas. The normal route to this peak is via the snowy north-east ridge.The most important reward of climbing Naya Kanga is the spectacular view of mountains in or near Tibet.
Tilman gets credit for climbing this peak. Certainly, he and Peter Lloyd were possibly the first westerners to cross the Ganja La, in this region. However, it is certainly a beautiful looking mountain and worthy of far more attempts than it gets compared with the more well known trekking peaks in the Kumbhu. The technical difficulty of the climb is rated at Alpine Grade. It mainly includes three things: the fact that you are on significant snow slopes for most of the journey above camp I; some crevasses as you turn west below the Ganja La; and finally the short ridge section to the summit. The summit can be attained in two days from Kyanjin with one camp at Branchen or Nyengang Kharka, or alternatively in three days with a second camp at Kangla Phedi just beow the Ganja La.
Close to Kathmandu, Ganja La Chuli 5844m (Naya Kanga) is the most accessible of our “people peaks” towering over the South of alpine Langtang valley and holy lakes of Gosaikund. Its fine ridge systems provide superb climbing and spectacular scenery from a top the summit; you can gaze in wonder at the peaks of the Jugal Himal as a Dome Blanc, Langshisa Ri and at Tibet’s highest Mt. Shisapangma 8035m the last 8,000m peak in the World to be the climbed.
Trip Itinerary :
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu airport transfer hotel.
Day 02: Prepare permit & briefing.
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to dunche and Syabru besi.
Day 04: Shyabru besi – Lama Hotel.
Day 05 : Lama Hotel – Langtang.
Day 06: Langtang – Kyanjing Gompa.
Day 07: Kyanjing Gompa rest/acclimatization.
Day 08: Kyanjing Gompa – Naya Kanga Bese camp.
Day 09: Naya Kanga rest in Base camp- rest.
Day 10: High camp.
Day 11: Summit Naya Kanga 5844m.and back to Base camp.
Day 12: Base camp – Kyanging Gompa – Langtang village.
Day 13: Langtang – Lama Hotel.
Day 14: Lama Hotel – Syabru village.
Day 15: Shyabru village – Dhunche
Day 16: Drive Dunche to Kathmandu and trasfer to hotel.
Day 17: Kathmandu.
Day 18: Final departure.
Note :- If above program itinerary that don’t suit to you and wish to modify above itinerary then please let us know and we’ll be happy to create a tailor made itinerary especially for you. It is also possible to combines above trip with Jungle safari, rafting, Mountain flight or with any travel plans, just shares your interested with us. We will design and arrange your holiday accordingly.
Price For The Trip: The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodations). The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The camping trek and teahouse trek made a difference in the cost. The number of guides and porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons, the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Camping Trek Cost Includes:
- All land transportation; (Airport /Hotel/Airport & trekking pick up & drop).
- 4 Night’s hotel accommodation in KTM at Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All 3 major meals Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner (provide continental food) and accommodation in tented camp.
- One professional English speaking trekking guide, 1 Cook necessary Sherpa and Porters.
- Life insurance for all support crews and their daily wages.
- One English speaking equipped climbing guide, Equipment for all crew.
- Per member 25 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking, Peak Permits, National Park permits Fees and garbage deposit.
- Snow bars and ropes for trail and passes.
- Snow bars and ropes for the climbing as well as tented camp while on climbing to Island Peak.
- Air Ticket: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu with airport tax and cargo fees.
- All official taxes and service charge.
The Cost Doesn’t Include:
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking & climbing gears.
- High tent, high food and sleeping bag.
- Gammo Bag for the life saving device, incase of altitude sickness for Member.
- Oxygen, Mask & Regulator.
- Personal Nature expenses.
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Airfare: To & from your country.
- Nepal entry, re-entry visa fees & international airport departure taxes.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Tips for trekking crews.