Island peak (6160m.) is also known as Imja Tse peak mostpoint. This is the most popular trekking peak in Everest region. Island peak trek/expedition offers the stunning sceneries of pristine Himalaya panorama and Buddhist culture spread out before you. This Island Peak expedition not only provides an enjoyable and adventurous climb but also provides some of the most spectacular views of the Himalayas. Seen from the summit of Island peak, the giant mountains, Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) make a semi circle in the north. The views of Makalu (8475m), Barutse (7129m) in the east and famous expedition peak of Amadablam (6812m) in the south add more charm for climbing Island Peak.
The normal route for climbing Island Peak is South East Flank & South-West Ridge Normally, the Island Peak base camp is set at Pareshaya Gyab (5,087m), between Imja Tse and the lateral moraine of the Imja Glacier. Proper care should be taken to avoid the possible avalanche in the event of heavy snowfall. From the base camp, a well-acclimatized party in good conditions can make the summit and return to the base camp in a day. However, most of the climbers prefer alpine style camping at high camp, which adds the joy of climbing and helps a safe ascent.
* Hotels/ Teahouse/Camping.
* 17 Days Trek.
* Grade: Mountaineering.
* Food: Included except main meals in Kathmandu.
* Accommodation: 4 Nights KTM & 16 Nights Tea-house Lodge/Camping.
* Season: Spring & Autumn.
Trip Itinerary :
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfers to Hotel.
Day 02: Free day for preparation and official briefing.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2800m. and trek to Phakding, 2652m. Lodge.
Day 04: Phakding – Namche Bazaar, 3440m. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar Rest for Acclimatization. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 06: Namche Bazaar – Thyangboche 3867m. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 07: Thyangboche – Pheriche 4343m. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 08: Pheriche – Lobuche. 4930m. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 09: Lobuche – Kala-Pathar 5545m. & back to Labuche. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 10: Lobuche – Dingboche 4243m. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 11: Dingboche – Chhukung 4800m. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 12: Chhukung – Island peak (Imja Tse) Base Camp. Tented Camp.
Day 13: Island B.C – High Camp 5500m. Tented Camp.
Day 14: High Camp – Island Peak summit 6198m.& back to Island B.C.
Day 15: Island B.C. – Dingboche. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 16: Dingboche – Thyangboche. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 17: Thyangboche – Namche Bazaar. Teahouse Lodge.
Day 18: Namche Bazaar – Lukla and transfer to Teahouse Lodge.
Day 19: Lukla- Kathmandu by flight then transfer to Hotel.
Day 20: Kathmandu Free.
Day 21: Last minute, transfer to Airport for your onward journey.
Note :- If above program itinerary that don’t suit to you and wish to modify above itinerary then please let us know and we’ll be happy to create a tailor made itinerary especially for you. It is also possible to combines above trip with Jungle safari, rafting, Mountain flight or with any travel plans, just shares your interested with us. We will design and arrange your holiday accordingly.
Price For The Trip: The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation you prefer in Kathmandu will make a difference to the overall cost (budget to 5 star accommodations). The mode of transport you prefer will also affect the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The camping trek and teahouse trek made a difference in the cost. The number of guides and porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these reasons, the same trek/tour can vary in price quite substantially.
Camping Trek Cost Includes:
- All land transportation; (Airport /Hotel/Airport & trekking pick up & drop).
- 4 Night’s hotel accommodation in KTM at Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All 3 major meals Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner (provide continental food) and accommodation in tented camp.
- One professional English speaking trekking guide, 1 Cook necessary Sherpa and Porters.
- Life insurance for all support crews and their daily wages.
- One English speaking equipped climbing guide, Equipment for all crew.
- Per member 25 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking, Peak Permits, National Park permits Fees and garbage deposit.
- Snow bars and ropes for trail and passes.
- Snow bars and ropes for the climbing as well as tented camp while on climbing to Island Peak.
- Air Ticket: Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu with airport tax and cargo fees.
- All official taxes and service charge.
The Cost Doesn’t Include:
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking & climbing gears.
- High tent, high food and sleeping bag.
- Gammo Bag for the life saving device, incase of altitude sickness for Member.
- Oxygen, Mask & Regulator.
- Personal Nature expenses.
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Airfare: To & from your country.
- Nepal entry, re-entry visa fees & international airport departure taxes.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Tips for trekking crews.