On your mountain bike you embark on the adrenaline-fueled explorations of Bhutan’s inaccessible routes from West to East. The biking journey kick starts from Paro following a single paved road that meets up further with steep, narrow, rocky and muddy paths through several alpine passes, or extreme washboard caused by cattle or yak. Crossing by a total of seven undulating mountain passes, you make several ascents and descents stretching before you a real picture of Bhutanese Lifestyle. From Thimpu to the Indian border post at Samdrup Jongkhar, you get to experience Bhutan up close and personal on a mountain bike.
Trip length: 14 Days
Activity: Mountain Biking
Grade: Gentle plus
Starts in: Paro (Bhutan)
Ends in: Guwahati (India)
Group size: Maximum 12
Accommodation: Hotel & Tented Camp
Maximum altitude: 4050m.
- Sightseeing in Paro and Bumthang valley
- Peddle through Thrumshing la ( 4050 m)
Trip Itinerary :
Day 01: Arrival at Paro airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing at Paro. O/N
Day 03: Commence cycle tour to east across Dochula pass altitude (3050m.) and tented camp at Khuruthang day.
Day 04: Visit Punakha dzong and continue towards Gangtey Gompa via Wangdiphodrang. O/N at tented Camp.
Day 05: Cycle down to Norbuling and then cross Pelela pass altitude (3300m.) towards Trongsa. O/N
Day 06: Cycle up to Yotola pass altitude (3600m.) and then down to Dumkhar, Chumi and to Bumthang. O/N
Day 07: Sightseeing of Bumthang valley. O/N
Day 08: Cycle to Ura and cross Thrumshing la altitude (4050m.) and downhill to Sengor. O/N at tented Camp
Day 09: Cycle to Kuru Zam, Mongar.O/N at tented Camp
Day 10: A short climb to Mongar. O/N
Day 11: Cross Korila pass altitude (2600m.) to Trashigang. O/N
Day 12: Cycle to Wamrong. O/N
Day 13: Cycle to Samdrup Jongkhar. O/N at tented Camp
Day 14: Cycle or drive to Guwahati (India) for final departure.
Bhutan Tour & Trek Cost Includes:
- All land transportation: Transfers and sightseeing by a deluxe vehicle and Airport /Hotel/Airport & tours & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel accommodation at all places and 3 meals; breakfast, Lunch and dinner.
- 1 Professional English speaking local tour guide & all temples, monuments entry fees.
- Bhutan visa, tourism development fees, government royalty fees.
- Fully catered camping trek supported by English speaking biking guide, 1 Cook, helpers and porters (or vehicles for load) as per itinerary.
- All applicable taxes.
- Daily wages for support crews and their health insurance.
- Basic first aid Medical Kit Box for support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
Bhutan Tour & Trek Cost Doesn’t Include:
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Personal tours & trekking gears as well as sleeping bags.
- Personal Nature expenses. (Extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as sickness, accidents, road blockage, and other occurrences beyond our control.)
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee. (Bar Bill, laundry and telephones calls.)
- Airfare: to & from your country and internal domestic flights.
- Personal travel insurance. (Liability for insurance against sickness, accidents, loss of baggage, loss of life and medical expenses if any kind etc.)
- Tips for support crews.
Note: If Traveling Bhutan via Nepal
- All land transportation by private vehicle tourist Bus (Airport /Hotel/Airport & trekking pick up & drop).
- Sightseeing activities in Kathmandu with professional English speaking tour guide & temple entry fees.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu – Nepal.
- Nepal entry, re-entry visa fees & international airport departure taxes. (t is suggested you apply for a multiple entry visa for Nepal initially saving you the Nepal re-entry fee).
- Personal nature’s expenses and transportation except given programs.